Friday, April 2, 2010

Flanders-the epicenter of cycling passion!


Flanders is a small country, which has no spectacular alpine passes, no grand descents, yet captures the imagination of cycling fans worldwide! How do they do it? It's passion! I believe Flanders is the most bike-crazy place on Earth! Flandrians have created epic racing with a combination of bad roads and cobblestones to build a history and a community of cycling unrivaled in the world!
Never have I been welcomed with more 'chaleur' than in Flanders. The last thing a Flandrian said to me as I prepared to leave (in response to my statement; "everyone here is so friendly") was "we aim to please" ...just like that. If you want to experience bike racing at its best-and be welcomed with open arms- Go to Flanders!

No comments:

Post a Comment